`3/4 cup cocoa powder
`3/4 cup all-purpose flour
`1/2 teaspoon baking powder
`1/4 teaspoon salt
`3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
`1 cup sugar
`2 large eggs
`1 teaspoon vanilla essence
`1/2 cup sour cream*
*Sour Cream substitute: 1/2 cup yoghurt +1/2 tsp baking soda.
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer, whisk together butter and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one by one and whisk each time until well combined before adding the other. Whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Whisk in the sour cream.
- Now add the flour mixture and whisk into a uniform batter.
- Place cupcake liners into the muffin try.
- Spoon the batter into the mould and bake for20-25 minutes.
Yields 12 cupcakes
3 sachet whipping cream powder
½ cup cold milk
2 drops of food colour of your choice
Add the ingredients in a whisking bowl and whisk for at-least 5 minutes until it reaches a thick creamy consistency.
Place in freezer for 5 minutes so the cream sets and thickens.
Remove from freezer, give it a light whisk.
Add to piping bag and decorate the cupcakes.