* 1/2 cup warm milk
* 1/2 tablespoon instant dry yeast
* 1 tablespoons sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1 egg
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 tablespoons cinnamon powder
* 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
* ¼ cup butter, melted
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
* 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven 200 degrees C. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the dough ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. When the right consistency of the dough is achieved, transfer it into a bowl that has been greased with butter. Cover the bowl and set aside for 1 hour, for the dough to rise.
- After 1 hour, grease the working counter and dust it with some flour. Transfer the dough onto the counter and knead a little with your hands. Roll it out with a rolling pin into a rectangle. Brush the dough with melted butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, and sprinkle it all over the dough. Roll up the dough tightly, lengthwise. Use a sharp knife to cut the rolled dough into slices. Grease the knife so it does not stick to the dough. (Refer to pictures for demonstration)
- Place the slices on the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is slightly golden.
- Prepare the sugar glaze by whisking in sugar and vanilla essence to the melted butter. Add a little milk to it to get the desired, slightly runny consistency. Drizzle it over the baked cinnamon rolls while still warm.