- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
For Apple Filling:
- 3-4 Apples cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a kneading bowl, using a spoon mix together the dough ingredients except water. Once they are roughly combined, start kneading with your hands while adding water. Keep kneading until it forms a smooth, workable dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together all the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Transfer the dough to work surface, knead a little and divide it equally into 2.
- With a rolling pin, roll out 1 part into approximately 9 inches, to fit the size of your round pan.
- Place the rolled out dough in the greased pan, making sure to cover the sides of the pan as well.
- Strain the excess water from the apple filling and add the filling to the pan lined with dough.
- Roll out the other half of the dough in the same way. Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut it into 1 inch wide stripes. Use the stripes one by one to cover the apple filling. Cut out any excess edges.
- Make an egg wash by adding 2 teaspoons of water to 1 egg. Brush it all over the pie dough and around the edges, to join them.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with soft, warm apple or apricot jam and serve.